Hills | k/d Canine Dry
Hill's Prescription DietTM k/dTM Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how Hill's Prescription DietTM foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's Prescription DietTM k/dTM, clinical nutrition to support your dog's kidney function and help sustain muscle mass. In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.)TM Technology for dogs
- High level of essential amino acids - the building blocks of muscle protein
- High levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
How it helps:
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- Enhances appetite & increases food intake
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals.
Ingredients: Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Pork Fat, Cracked Pearled Barley, Chicken, Egg Product, Dried Beet Pulp, Whole Grain Sorghum, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Lactic Acid, L-Lysine, Pork Liver Flavor, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, DL-Methionine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), L-Threonine, Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, Taurine, Magnesium Oxide, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
|Weight of Dog - lb (kg)||Amount per Day (cups/grams)|
|5 lb (2.3 kg)||1/2 cup (50 g)|
|10 lb (4.5 kg)||7/8 cup (85 g)|
|15 lb (6.8 kg)||1 1/8 cups (110 g)|
|20 lb (9.1 kg)||1 1/2 cups (150 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||2 cups (200 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 1/2 cups (250 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||3 cups (295 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 1/3 cups (330 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 3/4 cups (370 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 cups (395 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 3/4 cups (470 g)|
|120 lb (54 kg)||5 1/2 cups (545 g)|
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.